Thursday, October 25, 2007

This is my Rifle, This is my bloglines account!!!

Check it out!
http://www.bloglines.com/public/page2peon

The one thing I liked about this excerise and RSS, was the exposure to new and intriguing websites. I was never familiar with American Leftist, Cinematical.com, or the Dictionary.com word of the day. Thanks to bloglines, I have additional websites to waste my time/life with!

Perhaps libraries could use RSS to help serve patrons in a more efficient manner. If, for example, somebody needed info on a news story that our newspapers couldn't provide, a bloglines account might fill in the void. Having access to all the major news sources on one single website could make the researching process more fluid and less time consuming.

IMO, I'm still not sold on bloglines/RSS. As a self-confessed visually oriented guy, the layout of bloglines does not meet my standards. It's such a dry read when you're reading naked text with an occasional picture thrown in the mix. I would much rather read the article at the original website and be bombarded with their color arrangement. Advertising be dammed! I'm so conditioned and overexposed to it, ads don't bother me as much anymore.

So cmon Bloglines! Step up your game! You gotta woo and wine and dine me if you expect to get past first base!

1 comment:

The Coffeys said...

I have to agree with one of your statements. I would rather read the news on the actual website, to see the pictures that accompany them.