Friday, October 26, 2007

Finding feeds, it's FTW

My main feed-finding method of choice was via bloglines. I looked in their directory, which led me to a list of the most popular/subscribed feeds. This was much appreciated, since I don't want to waste time sifting through piles of crap in the RSS wasteland. Besides, I'm too lazy to think for myself. I only approve of feeds if they are trendy and mainstream. Live in the "now" people, and surrender to mob mentality!

I quickly browsed the Feedster website, pretty straightforward enough. I see it as a Google for feeds. It certainly adheres to KISS (Keep it simple stupid). All you really need is a strong and dependable search engine for satisfaction.

As for the other site I visited, Syndic8.com, it left a lot to be desired. Its purpose seemed to feel it would be important to list every single feed in existence, whether it was of high quality or not. No matter how obscure or bombastic the feed was, there it is on syndic8.com! This reeks too much of political correctness. Not every feed is special, deserving of recognition! Just don't visit that site, it's for lamers.

1 comment:

mj said...

Yeah, what he said.