Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christmas has come early for a pathetic GU Fanboi

Yay! The joy and rapture are finally here!!!! The start of the season is today, and my elation has never been higher. It appears this squad has the most amount of talent ever, in terms of depth. My expectations are astronomical. Anything less than a Elite 8 appearance will be a disappointment.

In my life, I'm usually introverted and composed. During the GU season however, all my caution is thrown to the wind. When I watch a game, I turn into a caveman. It's sooooo damn embarrassing. There are lots of curses and other shrieks of displeasure to be had! Obviously, there were plenty of those last season, since we had an off-year.

So, enemies of the GU nation, have at thee!!!! Do your worst. Bring your tired mushroom jokes, your outdated "mid-major" labels, and your constant rumours of Mark Few's departure. We will not falter.

(Just as a sidenote, I will never be convinced that Gonzaga is pronounced Gone-zaag'-uh. If the school is named after an Italian saint, shouldn't the pronunciation have a more continental flair to it?)

5 comments:

miss staff said...

I can't imagine pronouncing Gonzaga, "Gon-zaw-guh," either. The "zawgs",instead of zags, sounds horrible. Blech. Anyway- GO ZAGS!

Page2Peon said...

Yah, I want strangle Dickie V every time he butchers it!

miss staff said...

My dad saw him at the Onion last year. He is so annoying. Him and his stupid DiGiorno commercials! He gets excited over everything. Simmer down Dickie V!

Page2Peon said...

It's really funny how he tries to slip in an Eva Longoria reference every time he's on TV.

He should also get a clue and realize Duke or North Carolina will not win the tournament every single year!

miss staff said...

It seems like he never breathes. Sometimes I watch him just to see if he's going to pass out.