Saturday, December 8, 2007

I live for LibriVox (No picture this time) :(

I can appreciate what the volunteers at Librivox are doing. Compiling a collection of over one thousand public domain titles is very impressive. Even though I never listen to audiobooks, this is a worthy site for those who are fans of this medium.

This website appears to be non-profit, and I hope it stays that way. When I saw the notice that said the files were not always available to download, I became concerned. To keep the site up and running at a higher level, more money needs to be pumped in. I just hope they don't completely sell out, and completely compromise their identity.

I don't know anything about copyright law, but I hope Libribox can upload newer material, stuff that isn't in the public domain. It would be nice to have a variety of selection, in addition to the archaic titles they already have.

No comments: